Country/Region of Manufacture: India
Allergy Advice: This product is processed on machinery and in a plant that also processes wheat, Peanuts, Treenuts, Sesame seeds, Soya & Mustard.
Ceylon Cinnamon is one of the premier qualities of Cinnamon in the world and naturally found in Sri Lanka. Finely grounded to obtain its powder, it is extensively used in a variety of dishes for aromatic and medicinal purposes. Handpicked from vast fields of the country, it is one of the oldest spices with exquisite flavour and fragrant aroma. Also known as sweet cinnamon and true cinnamon, it has a shelf life of 2 years. It is a non-GMO, non-irradiated and gluten-free vegetarian product, which is free of artificial inputs.
Health Benefits of Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
The spice contains anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. It also contains vitamin K, calcium, iron, polyphenols and manganese. The spice helps in reducing cholesterol level in the body, increases the metabolism rate and helps in weight loss as well if taken in moderation on a regular basis. It helps in wound healing and lowers the blood sugar levels.
Uses of Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- It has sweet taste, which makes it perfect for baking purpose (cake and cookies). The powder reduces the dependence on sugar in many recipes.
- It acts as a perfect flavour enhancer for tea and coffee
- Adding a pinch of the cinnamon powder in the water helps in reducing high blood pressure as well as controlling blood sugar levels in the body
- It is a low-calorie spice sprinkled on sweet dishes and fruits for aromatic fragrance.
- Keep the spice in air-tight container in a cool place and far away from the sunlight and moisture
- Refrigeration of the spice like cinnamon powder is not recommended due to high humidity level.
Once the shelf life of the spice gets over, it loses its colour and fragrance. So, replace the old packing with new one.
Spice lovers can buy original Ceylon Cinnamon powder from one of the leading UK online store, A Kilo of Spices. The company provides the powder in different packing like 200 gram, 500 gram, 1 KG, 1.5 KG, 2 and 5 KG at a competitive price range.